Why a sales training day no longer works
Sales training has traditionally created an expectation that someone like me will breeze in for a half or full day at the end of which all those who took part will be transformed into ‘supersonic salespeople’ able to overcome objections, do loads of ‘up-selling’, convert all proposals into orders, turn all ‘cold calls’ into meetings, keep talking until someone says yes, ’close’ more deals etc….
And did it work for you?
Sure it will have had some impact but the only way it really works is for sales management to maintain the momentum created during the day.
And in my experience that doesn’t often happen
If the training day model doesn’t work we need to change it.
That’s why my sales training programmes are now delivered over 3 sessions, a week part and for 90 minutes per session, live via video link with a 30 minute 1:1 for each delegate on week 4 – and all for the same investment as the traditional single day!
The new look training tackles the key skills a 2020 sales person needs including:
Having the right mindset to be successful
Knowledge of all your products, services, marketplace and to a degree competitors
Displaying an attitude customers warm to and appreciate
Alongside those key skills we will discuss and develop:
- People Rapport across all interactions and with all levels of people
- Being Curious and Asking Questions
- Listening (rather than talking)
- Making it easy for the buyer to buy
- Steering and nudging as opposed to pushing
- Preparation and Practice techniques
The training and sales skills sessions below are deliberately designed in both formats to run for no more than 90 minutes – with a half-time break – which makes them fast-paced, interactive and I believe highly engaging.
So if you would like me to help up-skill, inspire and motivate your sales personnel whether they be full-time salespeople or those people responsible for sales I’m ready to make a real impact if you are.
I look forward to working with you and your team.
The Sales Skills Sessions:
#1: Making Connections and Building Relationships
#2: Spotting, Creating and Acting upon Sales Opportunities
#3: Preparing and delivering Sales Proposals and Sales Pitches and following them up
#4: Negotiating and finalising - turning proposals into sales
#5: Customer Experience - what's it like to be your customer?
These are programmes for up to 6 people from either the same or different organisations. There are 3 distinct groups the sales training is aimed at:
Advanced Sales – for established sales teams who need re-energising, are seeking new ideas to generate sales growth and need challenging on their current sales activity and use of their sales time.
Professional Sales – for professional companies – lawyers, accountants, property agents, architects, engineers etc… who don’t have dedicated sales personnel sales teams
SME Sales – for medium, small, micro and start up businesses who don’t have dedicated sales personnel sales teams but who want to be competent and confident in their approach to ‘sales’.
Each programme is based on 3 90 minute sessions running one week apart.
A programme offering one to one and small group virtual sales coaching for sales people and sales managers that will:
- energise, enthuse, motivate and inspire you to become a better sales person
- boost your confidence in all sales situations
- challenge you to enhance your sales skills to enable greater sales success
- help you accelerate towards your revenue goals
- help you understand your key strengths and how to build on those to your advantage
Sales Transformation Advisor
This is for businesses of all sizes who:
- Are looking for ideas, advice and help to grow sales over the next 1-3 years.
- Wish to re-focus and re-energise their sales activity and sales teams.
- Are keen to ensure they spot and seize all sales opportunities.
- Would like access to an experienced senior sales manager / director without the overheads of a full time position.
To fix up a no obligation meeting please call me, Trevor Lee, on 07785 390717 or email me via firstname.lastname@example.org
For ongoing sales and presentation tips download and subscribe for free each Monday my podcast ‘Better Presentations More Sales’ on your usual podcast app.