Who I help and who I am
My first proper job was selling ads for the Lincolnshire Echo. I applied for the job because I thought it was a foot in the door to help me achieve my real ambition – to be the Echo’s football writer for Lincoln City FC!
When I turned up on day one I had no idea what the job entailed but I quickly realised how much I loved the customer interaction and the feeling of achieving a sale!
I was keen to learn and progress and over the next 29 years I moved around the UK becoming sales manager, sales director, commercial director and managing director. I left in 2012 when the company was to be sold and set up Trevor Lee Media (named after my Twitter handle).
At the time of leaving I realised I had three areas of massive experience and hopefully expertise: Sales, Presenting/Speaking and Leadership.
Since then my aim has to been to share that experience and expertise and I’ve been lucky enough to work with numerous companies and individuals helping them grow sales, deliver engaging, educational and entertaining presentations and help them win more sales pitches. I look forward to helping you.
Check out my introduction videos:
The 6 questions I am most asked about my ‘Sales Transformation Advisor’ Service:
1. What is a Sales Transformation Advisor?
The role is all about helping your business grow sales. It’s about filling a gap if you haven’t got a Sales director but without the overhead of a full time position. I get involved in the sales numbers, the sales process, the activity of those responsible for sales, pulling together a sales plan/strategy whilst challenging marketing activity to ensure it is driving sales opportunity and ensuring that the company overall offers a high level of customer experience, one that customers will want to share and talk about positively.
2. How does it work?
I dedicate the equivalent of 2 days a month to each business, that time though is very flexible and is likely to be spread over a number of days and involves a combination of preparation and planning, video calls, telephone calls, email exchanges and depending on location in person visits. It normally includes a once a month sales meeting – either virtual or in person – which I often share on behalf of the company.
3. Who works with the role?
Usually a combination of the MD and the sales & marketing teams.
4. What sort of companies benefit from this role?
Established, growing companies that don’t have high-level sales experience and expertise within their ranks. This role offers them access to that experience and expertise without the overhead of a full-time position
5. Do companies have to sign long term agreements?
No. The initial term is for three months and after that it’s a one-month rolling agreement which enables either party to withdraw from the service at one months notice
6. What is my investment and it is a fixed fee?
Yes it is a fixed fee. The only potential additions would be if I was required to travel beyond 50 miles. The fee is £975+vat per month
The 6 questions I am most asked about my ‘Presentation Training and Coaching’ Services
1. What does Presentation Training involve?
Presentation training aims to business people become more confident, more effective and overall better presenters when it comes to running and delivering presentations to clients, to potential clients, to investors, as well as delivering sales pitches, demos and webinars as well as running and delivering meetings that involve presentations
2. Who should come on the Presentation Training?
I run 2 specific Presentation Training Programmes:
Deliver Confident Presentations: this is three session programme designed for those who are inexperienced presenters and who currently lack the confidence and skills that makes them want to present more regularly – the programme aims to give delegates all the tools and skills as well as the confidence to be a very good presenter and speaker
Deliver Awesome Presentations: this programme challenges experienced presenters to become standout presenters. It’s very easy to become complacent as a presenter thinking that you don’t need to prepare you don’t need to practice you can just turn up because you know how to do it, so this is for those who want to break that complacency and become the best presenter in their company or sector
3. How is the training delivered?
I’ve abandoned the traditional training day because I think having just one hit doesn’t ultimately work as well spreading the training over a number of weeks in small sessions. My programmes therefore are for 3 sessions of 100 minutes, one week apart and are delivered online to ensure the best value is gained from the investment being made in the training. It also means businesses don’t grind to halt for a day and it avoids having to source training rooms etc… the other benefit of online training is of the sessions can be recorded and the companies can use the recordings in the future.
4. What is covered in the training?
The sessions focus around my 7P’s of presenting model which covers:
- Purpose – why are you presenting? and what do you want the outcome to be?
- People – who are your audience? and what are they expecting?
- Preparation – ensuring you make the best use of the equipment and technology available
- Planning – the content, structure and flow
- PowerPoint – how to use slides and props
- Performance – the delivery of your presentation, webinar, demo or sales pitch
- Practice- why it is important and how to do it
5. What is the difference between presentation training and presentation coaching?
Presentation training involves a defined number of sessions and covers a defined series of skills as outlined above. Presentation Coaching is much more flexible and works with either an individual or 2 to 4 people from the same organisation and focuses on their particular needs to enable them to achieve their goals. At 40 minutes the sessions are much shorter and therefore more focused.
6. What is my investment?
Presentation Coaching starts from just £87 +vat with a typical training programme over 3 sessions for up to 6 delegates being £970.
The 6 questions I am most asked about my ‘Sales Training and Coaching’ Services
1. What does Sales Training involve?
The sales training sessions of flexible in terms of their content depending on the needs of those attending but usually would cover core sales skills such as making connections, building relationships, creating opportunities, delivering proposals and sales pitches, following up and converting into orders which could include negotiations.
2. Who should come on the Sales Training?
I deliver sales training for three groups:
- Advanced Sales: this is for established sales teams who need re-energising, seeking new ideas to generate sales growth in the challenging on the current sales activity in use of their sales time
- Professional Sales: this is for professional companies such as lawyers, accountants, property agents, engineers etc.. who don’t have dedicated sales personnel but still need to win business
- SME Sales: this covers businesses that may have a small team of dedicated sales personnel or more likely people responsible sales who aren’t really salespeople – that could include the founder of the business. This program could be for same organisation or more likely it will be a mix of people from different organisations
3. How is the training delivered?
I’ve abandoned the traditional training day because I think having just one hit doesn’t ultimately work as well spreading the training over a number of weeks in small sessions. My programs therefore are for 3 sessions of 90 minutes, one week apart and are delivered online to ensure the best value is gained from the investment being made in the training. It also means businesses don’t grind to halt for a day and it avoids having to source training rooms etc… the other benefit of online training is of the sessions can be recorded and the companies can use the recordings in the future.
4. What about your specific sales skills sessions – how to they differ from sales training?
The sales skills sessions are very focused – there are 5 to choose from:
- Making Connections and Building Relationships
- Spotting, Creating and Acting upon Sales Opportunities
- Preparing and Delivering Sales Proposals and Sales Pitches and Following them up
- Negotiating and Finalising – turning Proposals into Sales
- Customer Experience – what’s it like to be your customer?
These sessions last for a total of 135 minutes, are highly interactive, can be delivered in person or online and include a 30 minute online call two weeks later to check on progress
5. What is the difference between sales training and sales coaching?
Sales training involves a defined number of sessions and covers a defined series of skills as outlined above. Sales Coaching is much more flexible and works with either an individual or 2 to 4 people from the same organisation and focuses on their particular needs to enable them to achieve their goals. At 40 minutes the sessions are much shorter and therefore more focused.
6. What is my investment?
Sales Coaching starts from just £87 +vat with a typical training programme over 3 sessions for up to 6 delegates being £970. Sales Skills Sessions are for up to 10 people and are £770 +vat
Before setting up Trevor Lee Media in September 2012 I was lucky enough to work for Northcliffe Media – at the time one of the UK’s largest regional press companies – for 29 years being part of huge growth in the 1990’s, the onset of the digital era in the 2000’s and the beginnings of regional media transformation.
Starting out as an ad sales rep I progressed through to sales manager, sales director, commercial director, sales & marketing director and ultimately managing director working with some great people at various regional media businesses owned by Northcliffe
I’m an active Park Runner and a distance runner – I’m aiming to do the 44 mile Classic Quarter in 2021. I also play county cricket for Cornwall’s senior team.
Please connect with me on Linked In
To start a conversation about I can help you or your business please call me on 07785 390717 or email me via email@example.com
I look forward to working with you.